Author Topic: FINAL STAGE - DanceDanceRevolution Tournament - Sunday Aug 7  (Read 3662 times)

Offline EBE@RTF

• Team Leader - Australia
  • Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +14/-2
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
Team Ranking Task-Force proudly presents FINAL STAGE - DanceDanceRevolution Tournament.

FINAL STAGE will be a Head-To-Head, Double Elimination Tournament, taking place Sunday August 7 at Timezone Albert St.

Since the success of ADC in May, Team RTF has been hard at work planning our next event. To keep things fresh, we've decided to take a break from our regular competition format, and a Double Elimination Tournament should offer a fun new challenge. Double Elimination ensures that everyone gets at least 2 chances to compete, and should make for a more dynamic and exciting competition.

Songs for this competition will be chosen at random from the DDR X tracklist on the day. A breakdown of the difficulty ratings will be announced soon, along with full rules for the competition.

Entry Free is $5, and will include 2 Free Games for use on any Music or Rhythm game at participating Timezone locations. Once again, prizes of Bonus Credit will be supplied by our friends at Timezone, and we plan to have some additional goodies to offer as well.

For now, please add yourself to the FINAL STAGE event on Facebook, and help us spread the word. If you have any questions, please post a comment and we'll be happy to respond as the details are finalised.
Team Ranking Task-Force
Part of Australia's DDR community since 1999

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +4/-7
Re: FINAL STAGE - DanceDanceRevolution Tournament - Sunday Aug 7
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:15:05 AM »
hype hype

I can make some pretty posters if you want, if you give me the details! or if you want to leave that to yourself, you can do it too.

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »
I have a poster 90% complete that I'm pretty happy with, just need to take some photos to finish it off :D

Of course, I have to wait for people to be available to take those photos, but the plan is to have them up this week.

This is the first time I've come up with a design ahead of the comp and actually had it turn out to be something I like :o
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline PrincessPeach1337

• Advanced
  • Rating: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:04:50 PM »
To update on the Facebook comment I made...a few hours later and I'm now a EDIT: 100% chance to show at this thing. I'm bored, cashed up and need to get out of Adelaide and see some people I haven't seen in ages! (See my new thread!)

Don't expect much in the way of competition from me though, but as usual I just turn up to these shindigs for a damn good time and a good laugh. :D

(That said I haven't actually been to a DDR tournament since like....2008? so it'll be great to get back into it.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:05:56 PM by PrincessPeach1337 »

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 03:16:20 AM »
That's awesome! It'll be great to have you there if you can make it.

I certainly don't enter the comp with any expectation of doing well, but it's still fun to get up and give it a go. Guess I'll see you in the loser bracket? :D
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline Y3LLoWM4oM4o

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +2/-1
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 09:41:46 AM »
Looks tight, i'll be happy to support this in any way I can
Quote from: B1uEM4oM4o
however tbh it just isn't good enough. you cant argue with this, players like me, dan, kevin etc. who are all a lot better than you all agree with this. we all get smeg and it's really annoying. Dan gets pad greats like crazy. I dont even bother maing there, its a waste

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +4/-7
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 02:01:36 AM »
I love the name and the concept for the upcoming poster for this, it suits the double elimination style of tournament perfectly.

Offline Y3LLoWM4oM4o

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +2/-1
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 08:10:22 AM »
Does [final] mean it will be the last tournament ever... to the untrained eye it might
Quote from: B1uEM4oM4o
however tbh it just isn't good enough. you cant argue with this, players like me, dan, kevin etc. who are all a lot better than you all agree with this. we all get smeg and it's really annoying. Dan gets pad greats like crazy. I dont even bother maing there, its a waste

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 09:26:36 AM »
Heh, I suppose it might at that. But no, this is meant to evoke the hype of those old school fight nights. Which should be a little more obvious when we get the poster out today.

We'll hopefully be able to talk more about our next comp on the day as well.
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 09:55:38 PM »
Topic locked to keep things tidy - all comp discussion will now take place HERE.
Team Ranking Task-Force