Author Topic: FINAL STAGE - Wrap Up and Results  (Read 3739 times)

Offline EBE@RTF

• Team Leader - Australia
  • Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +14/-2
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
FINAL STAGE - Wrap Up and Results
« on: August 12, 2011, 03:06:16 AM »

Our Finalists: (back row) Expert Division - Ghostling@RTF, Chino, Rynker, Pascal@RTF. (front row) Difficult Division - PrincessPeach1337, Steve, Hiro. (missing: Kory)
  August 7 - Team RTF’s competition for Winter 2011 - FINAL STAGE. With a change to the Double Elimination Tournament format, and a couple of interstate entrants, this had shaped up to be an exciting day of DanceDanceRevolution competition.

The event kicked off with a round of Marvelous Attack, giving all competitors a chance to warm up and get used to playing in front of the competition crowd.

With the registrations finalised, and the brackets drawn up, the tournament proper got under way with the Difficult Division. This division still seems to struggle bringing in competitors, and with a field of 4, everyone was guaranteed a prize. With odds like that, anyone stands a chance to win, so we hope to see a lot of new players giving this division a try at our next event!

The Expert Division got off to a bigger start with a field of 17, and as the competition progressed there were also few surprises in store.

The new format posed some scheduling challenges for us as the afternoon progressed, and unfortunately some competitors had to bow out early. We thank Kevin, Niki C and Lachlan for entering, and hope they will be able to compete again in future.

Once again, the decider for Difficult Division came down to Hiro and Steve, and after a baffling hand plant showdown at the start of the round, Steve came back to win the Final 2-1. With his second straight victory in the lower division, could it be time for him to step up to Expert?

With the surprise early elimination of Wendy, and Lachlan being forced to leave early, the finals run for Expert Division looked very different compared to previous comps, with Chino and Rynker facing-off in the Final. It was another close battle, but Chino won out over the challenger 2-1.

Thank you to everyone who joined us on the day, both competitors and spectators. We hope the tournament style was a fun change of pace, and gave everyone something extra to cheer about.

Special thanks must also go to Timezone’s Andrew, Vanessa and Lachlan again for their tireless work on the machine in the weeks leading up to the competition. After a sensor swap early in the day, the machine performed well, and beyond the competition, continues to perform the best it has in some time. This had been a matter of contention on Facebook prior to the event, and the hard work seems to have paid off.

Overall, the tournament format worked well with a few issues we plan to improve on for our next effort, and we will definitely be running this style of event again in the New Year. In the meantime, we will be returning to our regular format with our next competition set for November, and more details will be announced closer to the date. Get practising, everyone! We look forward to seeing you all then!

A collection of photos from the competition will be posted to the RTF Facebook Page soon, and look for a full breakdown scores and match-ups for each bracket just as soon as I can get the time to type it up ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:32:34 PM by EBE@RTF »
Team Ranking Task-Force
Part of Australia's DDR community since 1999

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
Re: FINAL STAGE - Wrap Up and Results
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 01:32:06 PM »
[Reserved for results]
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +13/-0
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 02:37:28 AM »
Photos are now available on the Facebook group. Peruse, and enjoy!

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »
I'll rip my own photos from my phone and upload where appropriate.

And I'll get to the results, I promise. It's just not as easy as previous comps since all previous results were already in spreadsheets ;D
Team Ranking Task-Force

Maria@tycle

Hi boys!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 06:33:54 PM »
Hi boys! I have nice videoshow for you! Join to see my perfect fitness body!! >>> http://goo.gl/RYJGUl I’m waiting for you!!!