Author Topic: New Arcade For Fortitude Valley - Fast Play  (Read 9540 times)

Offline EBE@RTF

• Team Leader - Australia
  • Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +14/-2
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
New Arcade For Fortitude Valley - Fast Play
« on: May 04, 2012, 11:59:59 AM »
Rumours started circulating a couple of weeks ago about a new arcade opening in Fortitude Valley. Last week, I was able to visit the site and take a few random pictures to share.

Fast Play on Wickham St (just across the road from the Brunswick St Mall) is now open. It doesn't look like much, but does appear to be a work in progress.

The DDR cabinet is an Extreme set to $2 for 3 songs (a little pricey for such an old mix). It's sandwiched between 2 other machines, so the space feels a little crowded, but the pads are in decent condition.

The other machines are an unusual selection, most of which seem to have been picked up from other recently closed arcades around town. Tekken and MaxiTune are covered, but the rest are an odd mix of older releases. A large portion of the store is made up of prize redemption games, but as these are the modern arcade's bread-and-butter, that shouldn't be a surprise.

Fast Play is open until 1am on Friday and Saturday nights, so if you find yourself out in the Valley and desperate for a gaming fix, there's now somewhere to go.
Team Ranking Task-Force
Part of Australia's DDR community since 1999

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +4/-7
Re: New Arcade For Fortitude Valley - Fast Play
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:38:22 PM »
Second pic actually makes the arcade look nice...a lot nicer inside than outside based on these images.

Offline EBE@RTF

• Team Leader - Australia
  • Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +14/-2
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »
The place is clean and neat, and the machines all seem to be in good condition (although it does feel a little crowded atm).

It's just the building itself that doesn't look too fantastic (inside not quite as much as outside). tbh a lot of buildings around the Valley are like that, Voodoo Lulu had the same sort of problems to contend with when they opened up around the corner from there. It's just the nature of these old buildings.
Team Ranking Task-Force
Part of Australia's DDR community since 1999

Offline Ghostling

• RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +2/-0
  • "I'm worse than evil. I'm the author."
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 02:19:39 PM »
Surprised you haven't mentioned all the signs yet.
'A single woman will meet 6000 men in her life. 2/3 of these will be too old or too young. Of those remaining, 39% will be married, 18% gay, 11% have unacceptable haircuts, 3% will be overcompensating, and 17% will just be tools.' - Add

Offline SteveONos

• NSFW
  • Expert
  • Rating: +0/-0
  • Steve O
    • Steve 'Nostalgical Flares' CTH Oing's art gallery. Take a look and see.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 10:12:52 AM »
I think I might go off there when I get the chance. Or after a drink.
You're Steve. Steve ONOS, who writes his name with a

Of course you'll always have something to say

LOL that's DEFINITELY me