Author Topic: FALL COMBO - DDR + ITG Competition - Song List and Full Details  (Read 14049 times)

Offline EBE@RTF

• Team Leader - Australia
  • Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +14/-2
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
    Preparations are under way for RTF's next competition - FALL COMBO - taking place Sunday May 20 at Timezone Albert Street.

With 2 weeks to comp day, we are now pleased to announce the competition Song List. There are 2 lists for this event: 1 will be used for Difficult and Expert Divisions, and the other for Expert Double.

We received a lot of feedback from the community after previous events that the Expert Division could be more challenging for experienced players. While the earlier rounds will begin at roughly the same level as before, some harder tracks (mostly from ITG 1 and 2) will make their way into the later rounds. Once again, players will choose their own songs in the Final round, allowing them to dictate the challenge level themselves.

Posts in this forum topic will be updated later today with a break down of competition rules. For now, click through for the Song Lists and get practising!

And don't forget to add yourself to the Facebook event and share with other DDR/ITG fans! Updates will be posted there as new information is announced.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 05:16:35 PM by EBE@RTF »
Team Ranking Task-Force
Part of Australia's DDR community since 1999

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
An important note for any competitors who have not played ITG before:
Stepcharts from the ITG series feature gameplay mechanics such as Mines (arrows that must be avoided by stepping off the panel) and Hands (extra arrows that must be pressed when already holding down 2 panels). If you have not encountered these before, practising before the competition is recommended.

[Competition Song List posted 06/05]

Expert and Difficult Divisions (Single)

TitleMixArtistStd. DivisonExp. Division
ChikaraSNBeForUMedium 5Hard 8
Two Months OffSN2Techno MastersMedium 6Hard 8
Nothing Gonna Stop7thMickyMedium 5Hard 7
Gotta DanceX2NAOKI ft. Aleisha GMedium 6Hard 10
Follow The Sun3rdTriple JMedium 6Hard 7
Mr Wonderful3rdSMILE.dkMedium 6Hard 7
Music4thHABEGALEMedium 6Hard 7
Shooting Star4thBANGMedium 5Hard 7
Mondo StreetSNOrange LoungeMedium 6Hard 8
There You'll Be7thDJ Speedo ft. AngelicaMedium 6Hard 8
All My LoveX2kors k ft. RIREMedium 8Hard 10
Da RootsITGMind ReflectionHard 7Expert 9
We Know What To DoITG2MatiloeHard 7Expert 9
Furuhata's Theme4thC.J. Crew ft. SedgeMedium 7Hard 9
Paranoia1st180Medium 7Hard 8
Hero (Happy Grandale Mix)4thPAPAYAMedium 6Hard 7
ROM-eo & Juli8ITGNinaHard 7Expert 9
July -Euromix-ITG2JS14Hard 8Expert 9
SpacemanITG2LynnHard 7Expert 9
Disconnected DiscoITG2Kid WhateverHard 8Expert 9

Expert level songs from DDR appear in ITG as "Hard" level.
Difficult level songs from DDR appear in ITG as "Medium" level.
Songs from ITG 1 and 2 will be played on a higher difficulty level (Hard level in Difficult Division, Expert in Expert Division). Due to their higher difficulty rating, these will only be able to appear in later rounds.

Songs selected by Finalists can only be original step charts from any of the official DDR or ITG releases.

Expert Double Division

TitleMixArtistDifficulty
Dancing All Alone5thSMILE.dkHard 7
Movin On5thEllen GeeHard 7
The Cube5thDJ SuwamiHard 7
On The Jazz6thJonny Dynamite!Hard 7
My Favourite GameITGNatalie BrowneHard 7
Ordinary World6thAurora ft. Naimee ColemanHard 7
321Stars6thDJ SimonHard 8
Somewhere Over The Rainbow6thCosmic GateHard 7
Xenon8thMr.THard 9
TwilightITG2KaWHard 9
I Think I Like That SoundITGKid WhateverHard 8
Stomp To My Beat4th+JS16Hard 9

Schedule of events

The following timetable is our planned Schedule of Events for the day. We ask that all competitors be present and registered prior to the midday start time.

11:00am   Competitor Registration
12 Midday   Competition Start
  Fantastic Attack - Warm-up Round
  Expert Division - Round 1
  Difficult Division - Round 1
  Expert Double - Round 1
  Expert Division - Round 2
  Difficult Division - Round 2
  Expert Double - Round 2
  Expert Division - Round 3
  Difficult Division - FINAL
  Expert Double - FINAL
  Expert Division - FINAL
5:00pm   Competition End
6:00pm   After Comp Dinner

Entry will be permitted up until the end of the first round in each division.

Fantastic Attack is run as a warm-up event, allowing all competitors to practice under competition conditions:
  • Fantastic Attack - 1 song, low difficulty, highest number of Fantastic rated steps wins.
    A simple test of accuracy, the most basic form of our competition.

After Comp Dinner is open to all competitors and friends.
Dinner will be at Guzman Y Gomez, the Mexican restaurant that recently opened next door to Timezone.

[Entry Fee and Prize updates posted 08/05]

Entry Fee and Prizes

Entry will be free for all divisions of this event.

There are no prizes planned for this event.

We believe that providing a fun, free event for the community is a greater benefit, and hope that with nothing to lose and less pressure to win, we can encourage more players to give competition a go and test their skill.

[Competition Structure and Event Rules posted 08/05]

Competition Structure

• Competitors will choose which division they wish to enter: Difficult, Expert and/or Expert Double.
  • Competitors can only enter one 'Single' Division: Difficult or Expert.
  • Competitors can enter both Expert Division and Expert Double Division.
  • Competitors cannot enter both Difficult Division and Expert Double Division.

• Expert Division will be comprised of 4 rounds, and players will progress as follows:

Qualifying Round: 2 songs - Maximum Top 16 advance
    Round 2:2 songs - Top 50% advance
    Round 3:2 songs - Top 4 advance
    Final Round: 4 songs - chosen by finalists

• Difficult and Expert Double Divisions will be comprised of 3 rounds, and players will progress as follows:

Qualifying Round: 2 songs - Top 50% advance
    Round 2:2 songs - Difficult: Top 4 advance, Expert Double: Top 2 advance
    Final Round: Each Finalist will pick 1 song each

• All songs used in this competition must be original stepcharts from any official DDR or ITG arcade release. Edits are not permitted, as we cannot guarantee an even playing field for all competitors.
    • Songs for the non-Final rounds of each division will be chosen at random on the day of the competition from a Competition Song List already announced.
    • The Difficulty Level of songs chosen at random will be as detailed in the Competition Song List.

Final Round
    • Songs will be chosen by the Division Finalists, one song each, no repeats.
    • Finalists will make their picks in reverse ranking order (eg 4th place choses first).
    • As your preferred song may be chosen by another finalist, please have backup options prepared, just in case.
    • A note on song selection: Scoring is based on step accuracy, so it is important to select a song you can play well (ie least number of misses), not necessarily the hardest song you can pass.

Scoring
    • RTF competitions are scored using a variation of the RCA system, with points values assigned to each 'step rating' (Fantastic = 0, Excellent = 1, Great = 2, etc).
    • A players score for the round will be the total of the number of steps in each rating multiplied by that rating's value. The lowest score is the best.

The following is an example of how a score is calculated:
    Step Rating   Value   Player Steps   Score
    Fantastic   0   x 125   = 0
    Excellent   1   x 20   = 20
    Great   2   x 4   = 8
    Decent   3   x 3   = 9
    Way Off   4   x 1   = 4
    Miss   5   x 1   = 5
    Hold OK   0   x 2   = 0
    Hold Missed   5   x 1   = 5
          Total   51
    • Players are then ranked from lowest score to highest in each round.

Event Rules

• The judge’s decision is final in all matters.
  • This is a social event: Poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated, and is grounds for disqualification.
  • To avoid damage to the machine or players: Appropriate footwear and clothing must be worn at all times.
  • No modifiers that change the step chart are permitted (eg cut, shuffle/mirror/left/right). Other modifiers will be allowed (eg scroll speed, reverse, arrow colours)
  • This is a publicly-playable machine. While every effort will be made to ensure the machine is in top shape for the competition, problems can arise on the day. Technicians will be on-hand to assist should any problems arise. Should a problem arise that cannot be fully resolved, we will attempt to rotate players to keep it as fair as possible. Scores will not be adjusted, and players must follow the judge’s instructions.
  • Timezone will be our hosts for this event, and have the right to refuse entry for any reason.

Difficult Division Rules

• The Difficult Division is intended as a starting-point for new players who want to join the competitive community, and should only be entered by players of the appropriate skill level.
  • When any player has won 1st Place in the Difficult Division on more than one occasion, they must advance to the Expert Division at any further competitions.
  • Should a player demonstrate that they are unable to compete at the Expert Division level, they may be permitted to move down to the Difficult Division at a subsequent competition.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:51:46 AM by EBE@RTF »
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline JeddyH

• Basic
  • Rating: +1/-0
smeg, don't raise the bar too much.
Anyone who has played ITG for 3 seconds can FA Furuhata's Theme like boss.

Offline Y3LLoWM4oM4o

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +2/-1
Those old streamy 4th mix songs are fun and very easy to fa

Songs like Furuhata's, Hero, Shooting Star and the like will be me lachlan and wendy competing for <5ex amongst each other

I'll start training Team Tristan up in their timing... i want to see them go far in this
Quote from: B1uEM4oM4o
however tbh it just isn't good enough. you cant argue with this, players like me, dan, kevin etc. who are all a lot better than you all agree with this. we all get smeg and it's really annoying. Dan gets pad greats like crazy. I dont even bother maing there, its a waste

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +4/-7
will put these in a new folder in the next few days

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
i had the new motherboard and hdd ready to go and left it on the table and my mum knocked it and it fell on the floor the hdd wont even spin its broken i have to make a new one so it wont be in til mid week. lol sorry. people can still play the songs but they are in individual folders and only one speaker will work.

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
smeg, don't raise the bar too much.
Anyone who has played ITG for 3 seconds can FA Furuhata's Theme like boss.

That's good then. Should lead to some impressive scores.

The goal is not to be failing people out in the first round here. These songs are fun, aren't played by many people these days, and should still give us some separation in scores in the later rounds. And Finalists can go nuts in the Finals if they so choose.

And as always, we will make changes to future events based on the feedback we get from competitors on the day.

i had the new motherboard and hdd ready to go and left it on the table and my mum knocked it and it fell on the floor the hdd wont even spin its broken i have to make a new one so it wont be in til mid week. lol sorry. people can still play the songs but they are in individual folders and only one speaker will work.

Ouch :/
Hope that HDD wasn't too expensive.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:05:09 PM by EBE@RTF »
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
meh hdds are like $60 nowdays, it's more about the time it takes to install windows etc etc

Also i figured out how to make it so you can hold the 1P menu buttons and they aren't screwy...i'll try to get a new hdd ready for next time I work.

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
2nd post updated with comp structure and event rules.

More details will be added as we confirm with TZ.
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
ok i just spent the last hour or so gathering these simfiles

for "nothing gonna stop" do you mean the 3rd or 4th plus steps? http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/simfiles.php

see there is two

i'm putting the 4th+ one, chances are it wont make a difference anyway though...

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
That song's from MAX2. You might be thinking of 'Never Gonna Make'?

Sorry I don't have the list up on the machine yet. Came down with a cold on Sunday and haven't left the house for a few days :(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:34:24 PM by EBE@RTF »
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
right oops
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:43:33 PM by SAN »

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
posters went up today...nice!

built amazing new kit that is superior in every way...mad compatibility issues, not sure what's up, will try something else this weekend, i have enough components to make a completely fresh kit, should remove any problems.

betson cabinets are very poorly ventilated.

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
Betsons cabinets are poorly everything ;D

I didn't end up getting all of the posters up, TZ ran out of BluTac.

Good luck with the kit. Sounds like a worthwhile improvement.
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
Re: FALL COMBO - DDR + ITG Competition - Song List and Full Details
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 10:04:01 PM »
I put a new kit in...2h in it bluescreens and resets...after restarting it has been a few hours and everything is fine...let's hope it was a one off, if it doesnt work out can go to initial kit for the comp.

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 03:29:17 PM »
On Sunday night, after we have wrapped up the competition, we'll be having a post-comp dinner at 6pm. This is an informal get-together, and everyone's welcome to join us.

Current plan is to head to Guzman Y Gomez, the new mexican place that has opened up next door to Timezone. They have heaps of space, and the food is pretty good.

We'll be asking for numbers during the competition, so let us know if you plan to come along. If the group is big enough, we'll need to give the restaurant some warning that we're coming ;D

I'll update the competition info tonight with a general timetable and planned order of events.
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 09:02:38 PM »
They also have a foozball table!