Author Topic: DrumMania & GuitarFreaks V6 - BLAZING!!!  (Read 3693 times)

Offline EBE@RTF

• Team Leader - Australia
  • Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +14/-2
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
DrumMania & GuitarFreaks V6 - BLAZING!!!
« on: November 07, 2008, 10:33:02 AM »
Konami has put up a location test page announcing the latest in the DrumMania/GuitarFreaks series: V6 BLAZING!!!

http://www.konami.jp/am/locationtest/gfdmv6/

Nothing else has been posted to the Konami site as yet, so no further details are available on the title.

With the growing strength of Guitar Hero and Rock Band, I think it's safe to expect more classic rock tracks and a renewed focus on rock and metal music styles as with V5.

{With thanks to Orange Lounge Radio}
Team Ranking Task-Force
Part of Australia's DDR community since 1999

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +13/-0
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
Re: DrumMania & GuitarFreaks V6 - BLAZING!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 08:21:11 PM »
I knew a DarkTetsuya once, many many years ago, heh.

You will be disappointed to know that the Japanese in big characters there isn't some new slogan like ROCK TO INFINITY, it just says Location Test.  Just thought I'd say that.

I think the comment about Guitar Hero/Rock Band is kinda hard to predict - it depends on Konami's plans outside of Japan for the game.  No songs like that are in either V5 game's top 5 songs...

Offline EBE@RTF

• Team Leader - Australia
  • Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +14/-2
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 11:01:18 AM »
But Konami is keenly aware of the success of Guitar Hero in a large market they thought was dead. They're also keen to convince everyone that they are the One True Music Action Game.

V5 has a lot less of the J-Pop of some of the more recent entries in the series, and they are including more of the heavier western artists as well. I would expect that trend to continue, especially since these tend to be the more challenging songs for the hardcore players as well.
Team Ranking Task-Force
Part of Australia's DDR community since 1999

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +13/-0
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 06:11:31 PM »
The story used to be Drummania was never released in the US market because of a MTV drum game.  I've seen pics of it recently and it's just a booth which plays music and you can hit a drum along with the music, it's not really a 'game'.

I dunno, the trend you speak of has been around since V1, the more j-pop/j-rock/wtf songs are still the chart toppers in Japan, and that's still their biggest market.  They wouldn't risk alienating that market...but time will tell.  To my knowledge, Konami are busy being stupid in the western market with that guitar revolution game or whatever.  The only news about the game so far is the number of songs, which I think was like 573 or something.