Poll

Should Timezone Wipe The DDRX Edits? (it's all or nothing people)

Leave it, let it cycle through naturally
Wipe it all, let it repopulate naturally
Wipe it every X months (post a comment)
Wipe it all now, then reload a special selection of edits
I have a better idea! (reply to the topic and share it)

Author Topic: Timezone Albert St (Brisbane City)  (Read 178753 times)

Offline EBE@RTF

• Team Leader - Australia
  • Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +14/-2
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
Timezone Albert St (Brisbane City)
« on: January 09, 2008, 01:15:02 PM »
Hrm... could have sworn we had a stickied topic for Replay...

John came over to me for a chat last night while I was in Replay. We were discussing the possibility of another competition, and I mentioned the issues we've been having with the condition of the pads. He promised me he would take a look at it today.

If people could start keeping an eye on the pads, it seems we may be able to get them looked at again. Post here if you notice any improvement/problems.

There was also talk of a new IIDX mix, and DDRSN2. I guess we'll take a wait-and-see approach there as always, but at least we know John's been paying attention.

I was introduced briefly to one of the staff members there who John said is keen to run a DDR comp. Hopefully with someone on the staff keen to get involved again we may finally see some movement in that direction.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:24:38 PM by EBE@RTF »
Team Ranking Task-Force
Part of Australia's DDR community since 1999

Offline Miracle

• Useless Dave
  • NSFW
  • Advanced
  • Rating: +1/-0
Re: Replay Brisbane City
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 09:20:12 PM »
lol hopefully, i'd even come down from caboolture for that one. keep pushing the idea for a new comp.

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 01:00:24 PM »
Anyone heard anything else about this comp? I'm only able to get in there of a night time and I haven't heard anything yet.
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline Miracle

• Useless Dave
  • NSFW
  • Advanced
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 02:55:42 PM »
yeah still waiting on details, if any. someone talk to john.

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 04:41:14 PM »
You don't just 'talk to John'. Besides, he's not the one organising it.
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline ChinoZaki

• STATE CHAMPION
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +11/-6
  • STATE SLAKE CHAMPION
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 06:16:27 PM »
Didn't that guy get fired for stealing 2000 tokens?
NO TO BRIGHT ARE WE NOW,
WELL WELL WELL WELL THEN !!!!! - Mr. Funhaus, trolled.

STATE CHAMPION

State Champion - Carlos

Offline Squidgy

• NSFW
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +6/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 02:03:30 AM »
Doesn't that guy own the place?

Offline ChinoZaki

• STATE CHAMPION
  • Challenge Mode
  • STATE SLAKE CHAMPION
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 10:38:31 AM »
Not talking about John you mong.  >:(
NO TO BRIGHT ARE WE NOW,

STATE CHAMPION

State Champion - Carlos

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 01:47:04 PM »
Ok, according to Luke the 1P side seems to be 'fixed'.
According to me, 2P side is still a steaming turd. Some of the sensors out on 2P-Left I think, possibly others.
Make of this what you will. We still can't run a comp on it.

Oh and IIDX is still broken, which I'm sure is a massive shock to everyone.

Also where the hell is the DM stool? I can't play that low to the ground.
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline TSU

• Advanced
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 12:59:15 AM »
According to one of the staff, the blue chair has been stolen, and they are ordered for the new one. Still waiting... :(

Offline ChinoZaki

• STATE CHAMPION
  • Challenge Mode
  • STATE SLAKE CHAMPION
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 03:22:50 PM »
THEY"VE GOT TEKKEN 6 THERE GUYZ!
NO TO BRIGHT ARE WE NOW,

STATE CHAMPION

State Champion - Carlos

Offline Y3LLoWM4oM4o

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +2/-1
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 09:56:54 AM »
Ok, according to Luke the 1P side seems to be 'fixed'.
According to me, 2P side is still a steaming turd. Some of the sensors out on 2P-Left I think, possibly others.
Make of this what you will. We still can't run a comp on it.

I had no idea they weren't working properly...

I play at Replay at least once a week and I can ES pretty much every time without any pad misses (esp. 2P since thats the side I play on most of the time)..  ???

I was introduced briefly to one of the staff members there who John said is keen to run a DDR comp. Hopefully with someone on the staff keen to get involved again we may finally see some movement in that direction.

No chance of Jihye's "competition" ever occurring now. She left Replay along with Shu, Chris and Vance after that token incident...

What about RTF events? I don't know anything about it but Edward seems to come back to Australia once a year around May?
Quote from: B1uEM4oM4o
however tbh it just isn't good enough. you cant argue with this, players like me, dan, kevin etc. who are all a lot better than you all agree with this. we all get smeg and it's really annoying. Dan gets pad greats like crazy. I dont even bother maing there, its a waste

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 01:56:08 PM »
I play at Replay at least once a week and I can ES pretty much every time without any pad misses (esp. 2P since thats the side I play on most of the time)..  ???

I also play at Replay at least once a week, and I'm noticing problems. Mostly with the left pad, I think.

You bar, yes? Making it easier for you to centre your balance and step evenly.
However that play style is not why there are meant to be 4 working sensors in each pad. Where we typically run into problems is when one of the 4 sensors isn't working properly. Hard to replicate, and harder to convince the arcade tech it needs fixing.

The pads are good enough for regular play. You try a comp on those and every little miss will result in tears. We've run comps before on pads I personally thought were fine and other people have found and agreed had problems.

For score-based competition, the machine's quality must be flawless. If competitors cannot be confident that the machine will reflect their accuracy and skill at the end of the day, then the competition is largely pointless, regardless of how 'for fun' it is intended. People take their ability seriously.

No chance of Jihye's "competition" ever occurring now. She left Replay along with Shu, Chris and Vance after that token incident...

Ahhhh crap. That was our best chance since I can never get hold of John when we need to discuss these things.

Eddy will more than likely be back in May again. I should check with him soon, I just forget when he gets on MSN. Any time Eddy is here, he will run a comp. It's what he loves to do.

John was keen for a comp. He was keen to get people playing DDR at Replay again. If we come up with something, we can go it alone, even if it's going to be harder to co-ordinate with Replay now.

Or do we have connections to other staff? Any member of staff coming to this board would be a bonus. Communication is our main barrier with any competition.
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline Y3LLoWM4oM4o

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 03:22:35 PM »
Or do we have connections to other staff? Any member of staff coming to this board would be a bonus. Communication is our main barrier with any competition.

There aren't really any staff at any arcades that I know of who ever took the games they look after seriously. I have a friend at Funhouse Tops though, Bill, who seems pretty knowledgeable about Bemani games. He's the guy in the black shirt and pants...

Eddy will more than likely be back in May again. I should check with him soon, I just forget when he gets on MSN. Any time Eddy is here, he will run a comp. It's what he loves to do.

I've never participated a DDR comp before.. so not sure how it all works. Besides, my PA/FA is horrendous and I'm part of the "minority" group of players in Brisbane. Apparently you were at ITG on Saturday January 19 with Shannon and Pascal?? That's pretty much our group, I was the one with the orange hair sitting next to Pascal.
however tbh it just isn't good enough. you cant argue with this, players like me, dan, kevin etc. who are all a lot better than you all agree with this. we all get smeg and it's really annoying. Dan gets pad greats like crazy. I dont even bother maing there, its a waste

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 07:44:17 PM »
There aren't really any staff at any arcades that I know of who ever took the games they look after seriously. I have a friend at Funhouse Tops though, Bill, who seems pretty knowledgeable about Bemani games. He's the guy in the black shirt and pants...

We used to know a fair few of the staff at Replay, and they really were good to us. Mal and Shane in particular. A few of the girls over the years that liked DDR and would help us out once we told them what was wrong.

I've never participated a DDR comp before.. so not sure how it all works. Besides, my PA/FA is horrendous and I'm part of the "minority" group of players in Brisbane. Apparently you were at ITG on Saturday January 19 with Shannon and Pascal?? That's pretty much our group, I was the one with the orange hair sitting next to Pascal.

Yup I was there. The guy that almost missed his only game of the day because he was too busy attempting to rickroll the pool area.

Groups are good. You get a few of them together and you end up with a community :)
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline ChuKaBi

• Nintendo DS is Fun :)
  • Advanced
  • Rating: +2/-6
  • Lära sig hur man använder Adobe After Effects
    • ChuKaBi's youtube
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 04:18:33 PM »
Hey you guys if there is another competition can I enter and I will try bestest to not stomp pads:(:( I suck at DDR now anyways so yea but I hope im down in Brisbane for the comp.
*Video games ruin lives, luckily I have extra lives.*

Offline Squidgy

• NSFW
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +6/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 12:43:22 PM »

Offline ChinoZaki

• STATE CHAMPION
  • Challenge Mode
  • STATE SLAKE CHAMPION
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 12:14:31 AM »
When in may? I may well be on tour...lol
NO TO BRIGHT ARE WE NOW,

STATE CHAMPION

State Champion - Carlos

Offline Ghostling

• RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +2/-0
  • "I'm worse than evil. I'm the author."
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 09:02:52 PM »
Steering the boat away from the thunderclouds...

I was in Replay a while ago on SN and two morons came up to me. One jumped on the free mat and proceeded to stomp (even after I asked him to please stop), and the other one squirted a water gun in my ear. A fraking water gun. 'Course, me being the wimp I am, I didn't really do anything about it... eventually they got bored with me and started to just around in general.
Has it always been this bad? Because I can't seem to ever play by myself without being made fun of, blatantly insulted, or otherwise harrased... I'm not that bad, am I? :(
'A single woman will meet 6000 men in her life. 2/3 of these will be too old or too young. Of those remaining, 39% will be married, 18% gay, 11% have unacceptable haircuts, 3% will be overcompensating, and 17% will just be tools.' - Add

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 11:07:49 PM »
It's just the city, and you're a girl :(
We got enough smeg as guys playing DDR, you're going to get picked on more because jerks will think you're an easy target.

If you complain to staff theoretically they can ask the jerks to leave. This only works when said jerks aren't the friends of the staff tho.
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +13/-0
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 11:05:14 PM »
Once upon a time some guy punched me and tried to steal my phone.  And the next week, Replay finally got security camera things!

I also remember people trying to sell me drugs and watches around the beatmania machine, before Replay got IIDX.  Oh, and that guy who got stabbed, then the guy with the knife chased the guy outside, ran across the DDR machine and I got cut with him, without realising what happened!  Good thing I didn't do anything about it.  Police questioned me and everything.

That being said, the fact I remember these things tells you it's not common.  If it was typical, I wouldn't remember.

Offline ZDMKylie

• RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +10/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 01:51:55 AM »
I haven't been stabbed, but some people are idiots.

Offline moose!

• Get a clue, moron
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +15/-1
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 06:24:21 AM »
I haven't been stabbed, but MOST people are idiots.

fix'd
i lol'd
go sex up a tree

Offline ZDMKylie

• RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +10/-0
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 06:44:53 PM »
Fair 'nough :P

Offline Ghostling

• RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • "I'm worse than evil. I'm the author."
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 06:53:34 PM »
*sigh* I wouldn't be whinging like this, it's just that even on a regular day it can get kinda scary for me to be there by myself... I mean c'mon, looking the way I do, I probably just scream victim - and it's that feeling of not being able to do anything.
'A single woman will meet 6000 men in her life. 2/3 of these will be too old or too young. Of those remaining, 39% will be married, 18% gay, 11% have unacceptable haircuts, 3% will be overcompensating, and 17% will just be tools.' - Add

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 11:54:41 PM »
Can't say I know what you look like (I think?), but I can say I know what you mean.  Some of the people around just look like gangs and sometimes I think "Why aren't you in school?  You're wearing a school uniform and it's not past 3pm."  Arcades used to kick people in uniform out during school hours, after all.  Fortunately for me I don't look like a target.  In fact, if someone is frequently targeted by thugs, they seem immune in my presence.  I'd feel better about that if I was muscular or fat!

Besides, the most terrifying thing today was the stench!  Horrible!  It smelt like a million armpits, and you could smell it all through Replay and outside, too!  I hope it's gone tomorrow.  Reminds me of the time someone peed on Drummania, or when someone really smelly decides to use the DDR fans to cool off (and I mean hobo smelly, not sweaty smelly).

Offline Shukudai

• Replay Veteran!!
  • NSFW
  • Advanced
  • kakatte koi!
    • shuki's blog
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 01:45:52 AM »
so um, on topic, but not relevant to current conversation.

Replay Brisbane City is set to become Timezone Brisbane City, as we all know.  There are new signs up everywhere, some of which are advertising $20 for an hour of free games.  Theorists have suggested (at www.arcadepimp.com, a tekken website) that it may well work under a system of one swipe a minute.

Interested?  I know i am, since Tekken 6 is 2 dollars a game, and I can burn through 20 dollars worth of tokens like nobody's business, when I'm having a bad day.

Not only this, but I have confirmed reports that although you have to spend a certain amount of money at Timezone to get VIP cards, John has agreed to issue them free of charge to regulars.  Well, RTF's been around forever, so I suppose flashing a shirt wouldn't hurt :)

... Awesome news, right?  Yeah... no?

bye! :D
"Be the eternal teacher who teaches with the body when young, with words when old, and by moral precept even after death." - General Choi Hung Hi, founder of the International Taekwon-Do Federation (ITF)

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 01:53:09 AM »
Interesting.  I'd have been really worried if this all happened a year earlier, though.  I already have a VIP card from when there was the arcade here, but I don't have the platinum one...the conditions for VIP used to be spend $100 and platinum didn't exist.  I don't know what they are now, but I know they're different (as platinum exists, apparently).  I have to say when I first got it (when they first started the scheme) it was a good deal because it shaved off maybe 20% of spendings - but that's the same as tokens, basically, assuming you buy them in $20 amounts.  Good for when you don't want to spend $20, or when $20 of tokens is pulling down your pants (like today, ooer!).

Strange that I haven't seen these signs, though.  I don't go to the counter much so that must be why!  That, and my left eye's gone all wonky today.  Didn't help.

Offline risk zero

• RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +7/-0
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 09:51:41 AM »
Timezone? oh my

Offline Y3LLoWM4oM4o

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 10:28:15 AM »
Besides, the most terrifying thing today was the stench!  Horrible!  It smelt like a million armpits, and you could smell it all through Replay and outside, too!  I hope it's gone tomorrow.  Reminds me of the time someone peed on Drummania, or when someone really smelly decides to use the DDR fans to cool off (and I mean hobo smelly, not sweaty smelly).

Not a million armpits - there's only ONE person I know of that smells THAT bad - even the staff at Tops complain to me about it. The urban myth goes that he only owns one shirt (its red!) and every 6 weeks he turns it inside out and wears it again. I've been told that his presence at Tops lingers for several hours after he has left, because the air conditioning blows his stench around the entire arcade, circulating an odour best described as "eau de hobo".