Author Topic: Videos (vids only please)  (Read 47751 times)

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +13/-0
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
Re: Videos (vids only please)
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2011, 07:33:35 PM »
They're cheapened because OMES doesn't let you drop combo, and they have the speed changes.  You'd have to play (or watch) it several times to know where they are for it to be fair.  Which isn't rewarding.  On the other hand, if it let you drop combo, it's not as hard...it's only a 15 foot on Konami's ranking system.  It's still the hardest new Expert song in X2...but it's kind of slack that there aren't more 15's.  X had Trigger and Saber Wing Headshot, didn't it?  Trigger was definitely harder than that. (It was a 16, too.)

That stepmania video appears to be an unfinished chart, hence "(on the way)", that is why the combo is lower.  I'm saying that without watching it though...maybe it's the old jumps counting as 1 or 2 steps thing, I don't know.

If you want to experience annoying speed changes, try a few older songs:  CHAOS, Pluto, Fascination MAXX, GIRIGILI門前雀羅.

888 is unlockable, from Universe 3.

But yeah, those two songs I'm certain I could pass. But get a good score?  Or full combo?  No.  One just needs to sightread good, and to not waste too much energy by taking bigger steps.

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +4/-7
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2011, 11:11:21 PM »
Valkyrie Dimension has some pretty ridic crossovers.

Offline SteveONos

• NSFW
  • Expert
  • Rating: +0/-0
  • Steve O
    • Steve 'Nostalgical Flares' CTH Oing's art gallery. Take a look and see.
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2011, 09:01:48 PM »
I thought so too. the freeze part is cool.
You're Steve. Steve ONOS, who writes his name with a

Of course you'll always have something to say

LOL that's DEFINITELY me

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2011, 08:25:53 PM »
I don't usually post my scores or achievements here, but I was particularly proud of this one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/B1uEM4oM4o?feature=mhum#p/u/6/FUQ7GIjPIT4

The main highlight is getting almost all fantastics in the run from around 5:05 onwards - bear in mind I had to play about 5 minutes of fast bursts up until that point.

I always see like 10 people logged in every day, but no one posts...what's up with that!?

Offline SteveONos

• NSFW
  • Expert
  • Steve O
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2011, 10:11:31 PM »
Wowwww...Your speed and effortlessness is impeccable. You're very awesome indeed. I'm surprise that you are not the state champ. As for the lack of responses. I'm always responding, but I guess not much people are interested in participating in the discussions. Either that or they forget that there are people behind those users. That's just me.

LOL that's DEFINITELY me

Offline JeddyH

• Basic
  • Rating: +1/-0
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2011, 06:23:18 PM »
FreakyDDR - Green Eyes 96.88%

More Jed.

Offline Y3LLoWM4oM4o

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +2/-1
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »
I'm surprise that you are not the state champ

That was just an inside joke between Carlos and us....

The truth is that Lachlan and I are the two fastest, highest stamina players in the country and that the only person who comes remotely close is David in Sydney. Hardly anybody else plays and nobody wants to put the time and effort that we did into getting where we are right now. If you want to one day play like this, Steve, you can, but it will take enormous effort and willpower on your behalf... you only get out what you put in. There are many people who post here who will well remember the days when we were just starting, when we played with guys like Pascal, how he recommended us songs to play and how to play without the bar. That was years ago, and it's been one hell of a journey since.

Your DDR/ITG career can become something you really look back on and reminisce about. I remember my first pass on Max 300 so clearly and vividly... it was probably the most rewarding moment of my time playing... even though it was so long ago and I've done so much since then. In The Groove was like a way of life for people like us. We would live, breathe and eat the game.

Eat to recover/prepare to play the game
Live in a house with a machine and friends who played the game
Talk about the game constantly
Spend time watching videos on the internet and making simfiles for the game
Playing stepmania for hours on end, hitting arrows with the keyboard and getting better at the game
Go to the city, only spend time around the arcade and DDR, playing and watching others play

Is it something that I could put down easily? No, it isn't. I put so much into it to just simply turn my back and walk away from it. Besides, at this point in time, I don't really want to do that. I want to get better and better... to one day 99 One More Lovely and to pass Salieri Strikes Back and Dumpstream and pass the 2 hour challenge. I've still got a long way to go before I can say 'I played like the best of them; I played with the best of them'.

And Jed is one of the best too, of course. He gets shoutouts for posting on this forum, despite nobody knowing who he is or replying to his posts. And since he likes Green Eyes so much. I too like that song so much. bwo pride!
Quote from: B1uEM4oM4o
however tbh it just isn't good enough. you cant argue with this, players like me, dan, kevin etc. who are all a lot better than you all agree with this. we all get smeg and it's really annoying. Dan gets pad greats like crazy. I dont even bother maing there, its a waste

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2011, 05:20:49 PM »
I stick to foolstyle. It is like my own child in a sense and it's natural to me. "you only get out of it what you put into it" is something I have heard many times over the years with various activities, it invariably equates to 4+ hours a day, every day, for several years to reach a level I appreciate, and of course, I just can't do that for every single thing that comes along. Learning languages is another. So is machine shorthand/stenography. And DDR would never compete with life skills for me. Especially as i'm getting older and have had collapsed lungs before. Being top tier is fine, but not being top tier is rewarding enough, and the pleasure of knowing you guys proves it.

Anyway, moving on...

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »
I must say I am extremely impressed that the current RTF members still play the games. With work/life/the millions of things going on, it must be hard to find time to play. It's pretty cool that you made friends who you still hang with regularly. And I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone on the previous double dollars day although I didn't play much, anyway:]

On an semi related note, I am preparing a freestyle routine.!!!!

D:

I KNOW

Offline EBE@RTF

• Team Leader - Australia
  • Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +14/-2
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2011, 10:25:46 PM »
On an semi related note, I am preparing a freestyle routine.!!!!

D:

I KNOW

Everyone should :D
It's the only way a Pafo comp will ever work again. We need people to get curious about freestyle and routines and start getting creative.
Team Ranking Task-Force
Part of Australia's DDR community since 1999

Offline moose!

• Get a clue, moron
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +15/-1
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2011, 10:49:35 PM »
i know who jed is :( i just dont go to rev-st anymore
isnt there some dude in woolongong who does alright? or doesnt he play anymore? name is eluding me
i lol'd
go sex up a tree

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2011, 12:01:43 PM »
Chris/Kristoph, probably.

I don't think he plays as regularly as he used to, but he has AAA'd quite a bit of Extreme (probably like 200+ aaa's) including a few 10s and most of the 9s.

Offline SteveONos

• NSFW
  • Expert
  • Steve O
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2011, 12:58:37 PM »
I was thinking of making a couple of routines too. First I'm going to start with the basics. If I do get more confident then I can try songs in difficult. I did one before. It's an improvisation.

LOL that's DEFINITELY me

Offline EBE@RTF

• Team Leader - Australia
  • Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +14/-2
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2011, 01:20:22 PM »
When looking to really get into performance play, it's best to either stick with Light steps, or put together a step chart of your own.

Light steps leave a lot of room for freedom in your freestyling, while still giving you some key steps to hit.

Making a custom step chart will give you complete freedom to move around the pad as much as you want, and put together a complete routine. But people will know it's a custom chart, so best to ensure there's enough steps in there to justify it :D
Team Ranking Task-Force
Part of Australia's DDR community since 1999

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2011, 01:48:20 PM »
It's rare, but some songs have a substantially different difficult chart where some bits are removed as well as added. Butterfly and Ecstasy for example. Most people will not freestyle on Butterfly on Light. I prefer the Light chart myself.

Offline ChinoZaki

• STATE CHAMPION
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +11/-6
  • STATE SLAKE CHAMPION
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2011, 06:34:47 PM »
Hey guys.
NO TO BRIGHT ARE WE NOW,
WELL WELL WELL WELL THEN !!!!! - Mr. Funhaus, trolled.

STATE CHAMPION

State Champion - Carlos

Offline SteveONos

• NSFW
  • Expert
  • Steve O
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2011, 02:57:18 PM »
肯德基爺爺VS麥當勞叔叔

man this smeg is hilarious. Ronald McDonald VS Colonel Sanders

LOL that's DEFINITELY me

• NSFW
  • Basic
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2011, 10:39:24 PM »
Made in asia 3 cosplay show sunday 20/03/2011 - Beatmania

frakfrakfrakfrakfrakfrakfrakfrakfrak

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2011, 01:32:32 AM »
lololololol

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2011, 03:34:09 AM »
Oh bloody hell, my eyes!  What the frak, France?  What the frak?  Just because the costumes are for sale on YAJ doesn't mean you have to buy them!

Offline Y3LLoWM4oM4o

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +2/-1
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2011, 01:39:31 AM »
sweet one of my files was accepted into Tachyon Gamma:

[Tachyon Gamma Preview] V.L.S.I. 99.84 INSANE TOILET WORLD RECORD

cant wait for this pack to come out
Quote from: B1uEM4oM4o
however tbh it just isn't good enough. you cant argue with this, players like me, dan, kevin etc. who are all a lot better than you all agree with this. we all get smeg and it's really annoying. Dan gets pad greats like crazy. I dont even bother maing there, its a waste