Author Topic: Japanese Player is coming to Brisbane!  (Read 15255 times)

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +13/-0
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
Re: Japanese Player is coming to Brisbane!
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 01:33:11 AM »
Me and EBE are from the 1.5 days, but a lot of DDRs never came out officially.  I don't think there's ever been a DDR1st machine in Aus - the closest is Dancing Stage, which is 1.5 (or similar) in English.  That's what we had back in 1999.

I think most people here haven't seen an eamusement card but I actually have about 6 already...I actually have a Pop'n Music 17 machine at my house, complete with eamusement card reader.  It's white, about 1M tall and metallic with a keypad on top - looks waterproof, too.  I was trying to get the reader to work without connecting to Konami's server (which won't work as you have to be in Japan, and it costs money for arcade owners to use it) - I haven't got that working yet.  It's the newer type of card reader, not the magnetic strip version.  I think I got as far as being able to get the cabinet onto my network (I could load Google up on it!), but I still got stuck.  The reason I have the machine is the next newest Pop'n machine in Australia is Pop'n Music 10.  Well, it was when I bought it, now three machines have disappeared so it's the only known working machine in the country, for now...so the eamusement card reader I have works, but I can't use it.  The game runs without it but it's still a shame...eamusement card readers are very rare outside of Japan.  If I ever get eamuse working, I will give people these cards for free - that's why I have 6!

Offline moose!

• Get a clue, moron
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +15/-1
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
wasnt there some way of hacking up an eamuse server with the right software? granted i have no idea what that involves...coughsowscough
i lol'd
go sex up a tree

Offline Hiro

• Basic
  • Rating: +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 12:44:23 AM »
Gurt, did you import popn machine??? Just machine? Not game software for psx something??
I can see it is machine, but... It might be tough work. Awesome.

Anyway I will be in city mid afternoon on Friday and evening on Saterday...

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 02:50:52 AM »
I have the PS2 versions of Pop'n 8-12 as well.  Stopped buying them after that, not sure why.  I think I have Pop'n 2 on PSX somewhere...but if I change my machine over to Pop'n 15 (I just have to switch hard drive/security plug), then it has almost every song from 1-15 anyway.  I have the kits for 15, 16 and 17 - I don't have 18 - Konami bought the kits back off arcade owners so they're hard to find now.  I think the machine cost about $8500 total?  $2000 shipping.  (I also have a 5-key beatmania machine, but that doesn't use eamuse of course!)  Photos from when I got it (was it really 2009?:

http://www.neonpixelnightmare.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=219

Pascal, I need a server emulator (which I have), but it's not designed for legit machines like mine.  Worse, the legit machine isn't designed for anything but the legit games.  It runs Windows XP Embedded, and every time it boots it restores Windows to default.  I CAN force it to bind Konami's eamuse IP to localhost (or other) with sneaky partitioning and batch files, but the problems I've had are:
- If you quit out of Pop'n once (by brute force - and this required some HDD hacking to do), it doesn't seem to load again.  So you can't run it locally, even IF you can somehow install the Visual C/.NET framework!
- My network doesn't seem to interface with the cabinet too well.  As I said, I managed to quit out of Pop'n, used Windows + E (Explorer), and www.google.com worked (came up in Japanese, too!) - but the emulator just wouldn't work with the real machine for me.  I didn't even get to test the cards.  (I know the card reader works though, I can test that by itself!)
- Each game takes 10 minutes to boot, so for each failed attempt you waste 10 minutes - also makes it hard to keep track of what you're doing sometimes.

Offline SteveONos

• NSFW
  • Expert
  • Steve O
    • Steve 'Nostalgical Flares' CTH Oing's art gallery. Take a look and see.
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 07:26:20 PM »
Gurt, did you import popn machine??? Just machine? Not game software for psx something??
I can see it is machine, but... It might be tough work. Awesome.

Anyway I will be in city mid afternoon on Friday and evening on Saterday...

I might be around on Saturday evening. If I can get a car there. As for midafternoon on Friday...
You're Steve. Steve ONOS, who writes his name with a

Of course you'll always have something to say

LOL that's DEFINITELY me

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +4/-7
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 09:44:15 PM »
I just saw this topic...man it's all over the place. Earthquakes, ddr, and everything else.

Drop by TZ on Tue/Wed or Sunday night and I might meet you Hiro :) 日本語を話してみたい。

Offline EBE@RTF

• Team Leader - Australia
  • Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Rating: +14/-2
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 11:19:04 PM »
I just saw this topic...man it's all over the place. Earthquakes, ddr, and everything else.

Hey, I'm not complaining. It's the most use the 日本 board has ever seen :D

Feel free to get some Japanese language discussion going in here. Not that I'll be able to read it, but that's part of why this board exists.
Team Ranking Task-Force
Part of Australia's DDR community since 1999

Offline Hiro

• Basic
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 12:04:24 AM »
I think the machine cost about $8500 total?  $2000 shipping.  (I also have a 5-key beatmania machine, but that doesn't use eamuse of course!)  Photos from when I got it (was it really 2009?:

http://www.neonpixelnightmare.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=219

Truly you have the machine.. Awesome! I have never seem someone got it for Personal use.
If i have knowledge for server program, I would like to support. But my language is only C and couple of years, I haven't written code..

Hi San! こんにちは!日本語勉強してるの?日本語歓迎www
Well we use to use "w" instead of "lol". Originally it was (笑). Meaning is laughing, and pronounce is "warai" then ppl use to use abbrevitation of "warai". That is "w". In the meantime, Korean uses "k".
Maybe most of you guys know it..

Anyway which one is more popular DDR place? TZ or funhouse?
Tomorrow, I will come to the popular place only. Then it might be easy to meet us.
And one more, pls someone let me know how to get VIP card in TZ...

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 01:19:56 AM »
Well you can play X and timezone and X2 at funhouse. The unlocks for X2 aren't out yet, so many songs aren't available. Some people have issues with the pads at both funhouse and timezone, but both machines seem to be about the same. Hopefully TZ will get some new sensors soon, since some of the existing ones seem to be either insensitive or misfiring (usually occurs just from general wear). You can kind of fix the misfiring ones, but it's probably better to start fresh since when you mix old and new sensors it doesn't always last that long before the pads start to suck again.

To get a VIP card at timezone, you have to spend $30 (you don't have to spend it all at once, you can spend it over a period of time, just keep adding more money onto you yellow card). The staff should inform you when you reach $30 and qualify for VIP. It's pretty easy to spend $30. If you want to play DDR, drummania etc, you can get a Rhythm pack put on your card (just ask at the counter) for $16, which allows you to play 15 music games (so just over $1 each).

大学で日本語の勉強していて少し話せる。 もっと練習したほうがいいが怠けるww。。。なんでブリスベーンに来た?
HIROさんと会ったことがあるかもしれない。僕はTimezoneの社員。10th Styleは古くてFunhouseはもうすぐSiriusをもらうといったひとです。覚えてる??Or maybe that was someone else I walk talking to。

Anyway...よろすく!!

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 06:56:16 AM »
I think we all know 'w' because most of us have been to Nico Nico Douga :P

TZ and Funhouse are popular with different crowds.  Also if you go to Logan Hyperdome they have In The Groove 2, which is basically Stepmania, meaning you can play songs of any length using USB.  But it's a bit far to go - I think it's Zone 6 or 8 on the bus from the city?

TZ has an advantage because it has more music games to play - FunHouse only has IIDX, and even though it's a newer version, they're both really old now.  There's not much to play at FunHouse when you need a break.  TZ needs to upgrade DDR though...but it's still good to have X, because X2 doesn't have the Xmix songs.

When there's an unlock code for X2 it should show on the 'External News' board.

Offline Hiro

• Basic
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2011, 07:17:12 AM »
(English follows)
多分違う人。でも、timezoneの社員なら見たことあるかもね!sanはどんな感じの人?ネームプレート見たらわかる?
今は大学生でtzでアルバイト?それともフルタイム?今日も仕事?
自分は日本で働いていたが、QUTで勉強する為に来た。最初、半年近く英語鍛え直して、diploma取って、bachelorも取るまではここに居る予定。
ゲーセンは金を浪費する事になるけど、自分の趣味だし、現地の友達を作るのには一番早い手段だと思ってる。

ふむ、今日は袴と緑の「明日から本気出すT-shirt」着て行くと思う。見かけたら声かけて下さい( ^ω^)

Maybe different guy who yo met was. But, you may see me in TZ. How do you look like San? Can I recognize you if I check your name plate? Are you still uni student and working in TZ as part time worker? Or full time working?
I use to work in Japan, but I have quit it and decided to study in QUT. At first, I need to brushed up my English skill for an half of years. Then take diploma and bachelor.. I will be in Brisbane at least by taking bachelor.
To play game in arcade might be waist of money. However, this is one of my favorite hobby, and I think this is the best way to get local friends in here.

Hum I will wear gray Hakama what is originally samurai pants and looks like long skirt, and green t-shirt with "明日から('A`)本気出す" print. Almost same as the last weekend. So Gurt may be able to recognize me.
Meaning of the print will be answered by San  ???
Pls talk to me when you see. Some time my gf is stuck on me though..

Offline Hiro

• Basic
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2011, 07:39:47 AM »
お前らニコ廚か!  you are NikoNiko freak!

Anyway I have checked location of ITG2 in ddrfreak. I wanted to play but there is far. I have played only ITG1 almost 5years ago in Australia.. Song is nice and step is hell.
Have you someone played ITG3 on step mania? I haven't play step mania recently. So I need to correct songs before playing,,,hum.

Music games what I use to play are mainly DDR, and sometime popn.. If I feel to need break, i will go to super street fighter4. ;D

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 09:32:28 AM »
zz this computer hasn't got japanese haha. maybe japanese later =P

well i'm:

male
brown hair
work at night time only

i'm sure we will eventually meet hahaha.

well I have an ITG2 machine in my house, with tons of songs, nice pads etc, you can come play with us sometime, maybe on a weekend or something. i've been thinking it's about time for an itg/iidx bbq :P

gurt has pop'n as he said, maybe he will let you play it.

speaking of itg, if you are interested here is my channel, with lots of videos of us playing and stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/B1uEM4oM4o#p/u/4/1CYPjKsaRRw

Offline Hiro

• Basic
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
Awesome!! San has itg2 machine and Gurt has popn17!
I wanna play these!
Special Thing what I have is ... Hum DDRX2 sound track album? It may not be special... :'(

I gonna go to city from now :)

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »
hahaha, I just left the city =[

but I'll catch up with you sometime. Double dollars is coming up at timezone - on the 27th I think (the sunday). I might be working it, if so I'll probably see most of you:]

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 02:27:21 PM »
The special Double Dollars event at TZ is usually a good time to catch us. Most of us will be in there that day, usually for the afternoon/evening. VIPs get extra free games, and everyone gets extra bonus money when they recharge their card that day.
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2011, 06:29:34 PM »
Yeah, if you put $100 on your card for example, you actually get $200 on it.  And after you've done that, you can come in the next day, next month, whenever - you still have $200 on it!  All you have to do is go is put money on it that day!

I do have 'open day' sometimes at my place where people I know just come over and play lots of Pop'n, or whatever else (I also have the old beatmania cabinet, as I said, and I have two IIDX Arcade Style Controllers) - the only catch is no DDR, as I live in a wooden house it'd just break the house :( of course if people want to play it on controllers, that's fine, or if someone brings a mat and wants to play it outdoors somehow, I won't stop them!  Haven't planned any more of these open days yet though.

(for anyone's info, my beatmania cabinet is one of the 'mini' ones, and I have quite a few upgrades for my cabinet:  2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th MIX; THE FINAL; ClubMIX; Complete MIX 1 and 2; and hiphopmania COMPLETE MIX 2 (the US version) - think that's it.  1st, 6th, 7th and Core are even rarer than the ones I have!)

I might not be in tomorrow - is anyone else going to be in? I was just going to go for a drive, take photographs in a few places.  Mt Coot-tha is one place (want to test out my 500mm lens), so I have to go through the city - so I may stop by.  But if people want to do something more social, just let me know - this is a "I have nothing better to do" plan.

Offline Hiro

• Basic
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2011, 01:55:17 PM »
多分今日はいかないけど、来週行くと思う! probably I won't go today, but I think I will go next Sunday.
Double dollars event!! That's why many ppl are playing in TZ. I couldnt understand it, because SSF4 in TZ is more expensive than funhouse.

Offline SteveONos

• NSFW
  • Expert
  • Steve O
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »
Double Dollars. I forgot about that one. Can't wait for that day. Maybe I'll be in the city sometime too.

Speaking of that. Last Saturday, I went to the city and took some time to play DDR at TZ and Funhhouse. I also met Snow and BlueM4oM4o there too. It was nice to see them again.

LOL that's DEFINITELY me

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 10:05:02 PM »
多分今日はいかないけど、来週行くと思う! probably I won't go today, but I think I will go next Sunday.
Double dollars event!! That's why many ppl are playing in TZ. I couldnt understand it, because SSF4 in TZ is more expensive than funhouse.

Well the screens are much  bigger and nicer and tz is kickass /bias

Well at Timezone, you can get various deals - eg rhythm pack (15 music games for $16), action pack (15 fighting games for $16), so it works out the around the same at funhouse. The only real difference is location - there is a lot more room to hang out upstairs, and since most of the good players go there, everyone else just goes there to play, too.

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2011, 10:23:08 AM »
Hiro, just in case you don't read the Australia forum, there's some more information about the Timezone 'Double Dollars' event here:

http://www.rankingtaskforce.net/forum/index.php?topic=387.msg19647#msg19647

That thread is where we will sometimes post news about TZ Albert Street, sometimes posted by the people who work there.
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline Hiro

• Basic
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2011, 12:11:23 AM »
Thanks for the detail. I must go on Sunday.

Anyway, my school life was started from this week. So, I could go to the city easily...
And finally I got a mobile,then I can check here too:)

Offline Hiro

• Basic
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »
I am going to be there in afternoon maybe from 1pm..
A guy who is wearing Gray hado-Ken T-shirt is me..

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2011, 02:09:41 PM »
Many of us are very lazy :D

But I will be in after 3pm. Hopefully you can stay!
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
I just woke up...so tired...

Offline Hiro

• Basic
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 03:26:51 PM »
I am in tz with Steve.
Come on!

Offline Gurt

• Team Doorknob
  • RTF Team Member
  • Challenge Mode
  • LET'S GURT IT ON
    • Neon Pixel Nightmare
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2011, 09:49:17 PM »
Man, I just fell asleep again and dreamt Steve was there in a chicken suit.  (I've always wanted a chicken suit.)

Offline EBE@RTF

• Administrator
  • Challenge Mode
  • Gigantic Ska Robot
    • Team RTF Australia
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2011, 10:55:23 PM »
It was good to meet you today, Hiro! Hope to see you again soon.

Sorry for confusing you, the person I introduced as Pascal (his real name) posts on this forum as moose!
Team Ranking Task-Force

Offline SAN

• Challenge Mode
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2011, 02:43:00 AM »
Don't worry if you can't remember everyone's name at first :P

Offline SteveONos

• NSFW
  • Expert
  • Steve O
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2011, 10:28:35 PM »
Man, I just fell asleep again and dreamt Steve was there in a chicken suit.  (I've always wanted a chicken suit.)

HAHAHAHA!!!!

LOL that's DEFINITELY me